Tuesday 3 November 2009

Weatherall - London Belongs To Me


Right, it's no secret how much I respect Andrew Weatherall.

It's also no secret that my two favourite British bands of all time are The Clash and The Pogues, so I was grinning like a Cheshire cat when Weatherall featured both in a recent radio broadcast about 'His London' - whats more he chose 'Rainy night in Soho' surely one of the most beautiful and affecting songs ever put on wax.

The full track listing....

Primal Scream - Loaded - Creation

Andrew Weatherall - A Pox On The Pioneers - Rotters Golf Club

The Clash - Tommy Gun - CBS

The Pogues - Rainy Night In Soho - Warner Music

Joyce Sims - All And All - Sleeping Bag

Dave Davani Four - Top Of The Pops - Aces

Mose Allison - I Love The Life I Live - Columbia

Wee Willie Harris - Rockin' At The 2 I's - Decca

Lonnie Donegan - Rock Island Line - Decca

Andrew Weatherall - Fail We May, Sail We Must - Rotters Golf Club

The Sabres Of Paradise - Wilmot - Warp Records

Psychedelic Furs - We Love You - Columbia

Killing Joke - Bloodsport - EG Records

Chris And Cosey - October Love Song - Rough Trade

Primal Scream - I'm Losing More Than I'll Ever Have - Essential

Manfred Man - Just For Me - RPM

Inbetween these superb choice selections He takes us on an informative personal journey round the London of his youth, pointing out places of musical importance on the way.
Absolutely essential listening. Check it here....






No comments:

Post a Comment